Sunday, December 11, 2011

recurring dreams

i'm in a fredericksburg pub talking with young adults about how their life stories and the futures they're manifesting.

as i listen i'm startled because i'm hearing the story of ...  my life.

when i was a young man i dreamt, and at the time i thought my dream was pretty unique. my dreams became my life, and ... as it turns out ... more young men after (and before?) me choose uncannily similar dreams.

is the universe just sending us, one after another, until someone gets it right?

nah.

the dream recurs because ... it's fantastic, romantic, exciting and fun.

in our youth we feel like we get a taste of something so desirable, that we want more than just a taste or even to be temporarily immersed. we want to spend a lifetime feeling and exploring this something.

and some of us do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment